Tuesday 10 July 2018

Using Love When Meeting Strangers

So I’ve done this a few times where I remind myself to love people especially when out in public. What I’ve noticed is that I make more eye contact with people and I feel warmer about people. I’m not so afraid of people when I try this out. The only problem is I don’t keep it up.

So it’s so easy to ignore people and get on with your day. That’s what most of us do on a daily basis especially in a white dominated society. I find white people quite distant and keeping to themselves. They aren’t in general ones to reach out to others, even to themselves.

So I will continue with this experiment just to document my feelings and mood. It’s interesting because on a daily basis I am constantly looking out for racism which could happen but it exhausting. I wonder if loving thy neighbor will help eliminate negative feelings towards strangers.i shall see tomorrow. 

David is the be in blue. We were at the Farmers market on Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment